Partial Differential equations,
Technology Enhanced Active Learning
in STEM education
From 2016 to 2019
HK University Grants Committee Tri-ennium Fund for Teaching and Learning Developing Active Learning Pedagogies and Mobile Applications in University STEM Education
From 2016 to 2018
PolyU Teaching Development Grants for ”Flipped Classrooms and Interactive lecture Videos in STEM education”
and for ”Online preparatory Mathematics course using Augmented Reality
From 2016 to 2018
General Research Fund, HK University Grants Committee
New solutions to some partial differential equations arising from Gauge theories in Physics”
Co-Investigator (discontinued due to retirement of Principal Investigator)
2018 Award for Outstanding Performance in Team Teaching(Team Leader)FAST (Faculty of Applied Sciences and Textiles)
2014 Best Teacher AwardAMA (Department of Applied Mathematics)
- F.S.T.T., Wei, J., "Multi-vortex non-radial solutions to the magnetic Ginzburg-Landau equations", Comm. Math. Phys., 317, 1, p. 69-97 (2013).
- Pakylak, A., F.S.T.T., Wei, J., "Multi-vortex solutions to Ginzburg-Landau Equations withexternal potential", Arch. Rat. Mech. Anal., 204, 1, p. 313-354 (2012).
- Jonsson, B.L.G., Ovchinnikov, Y., Sigal, I.M., F.S.T.T., "Dynamics of Breakup of Multiple Vortices in Gross-Pitaevskii Equations of Superuids", J. Math. Phys., 52, 093505 (2011).
- F.S.T.T., "Effective dynamics of multi-vortices in an external potential for Ginzburg-Landau Gradient ow", Nonlinearity, 23, 1, p. 179-210 (2010).
- Gustafson, S., F.S.T.T., \Dynamic stability and instability of pinned fundamental vortices", J. Nonlinear Sci., 19, 4, p. 341-374 (2009).
- Sigal, I.M., F.S.T.T., \Pinning of Magnetic Vortices by an external potential", Algebra i Analyz, 16 (2004), 1, p. 239-268 (also reprinted in St. Petersburg Math. J., 16 (2005),211-236).
Ting, F., Lam, W. H., & Shroff, R. (2019). Active learning via problem-based collaborative games in a large Mathematics university course in Hong Kong. Education Sciences, 9(172), 1-22.
Shroff, R. H., Ting, F., & Lam, W. H. (2019). Development and validation of an instrument to measure students’ perceptions of technology–enabled active learning. Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 35(4), 109–127.
Shroff, R., Ting, F., & Lam, W. (2019). A conceptual framework for immersion and flow in digital game-based learning: an example of a game-based classroom response system. Accepted to Ubiquitous Learning: An International Journal.