PALMS Teacher Testimonials
" PALMS provided a great opportunity for us educators from different disciplines and different institutes to collaborate in the pedagogical development and breakthrough for higher education in Hong Kong. PALMS has given us cutting edge technology platforms to integrate our expertise and experiences and realize our innovative education ideas. "
- Dr. YANG Jian - Ph.D (U of Bristol), FHEA Lecturer School of Biomedical Sciences, LKS Faculty of Medicine The University of Hong Kong HKU Teaching Grant: "Mobile electronic platform and electronic resources for histology education, the Histology E Classroom"
" The PALMS team truly understand the challenges as well as the benefits of engaging students in active learning pedagogies. They draw on their own experience as teachers and listen to feedback from other teacher users to develop tools that are simple to use yet really work in engaging learners. These resources can be flexibly applied, which allows me in my role as an instructional designer to recommend PALMS tools to teachers across many disciplines and learning contexts. "
- Dr. Josephine Csete - Senior Educational Development Officer Educational Development Centre The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
" It was great that I was one of the members in the PALMS project as I learned a lot from the peers to share the different pedagogical teaching experience of the common discipline, i.e. Anatomy teaching. Besides, the support from the PALMS project gave our team having a breakthrough. There was a great challenging to adopt the web-based AR with the 3D printing technology in the Anatomy teaching for the visual-spatial learning in the new era. The courseware may be further disseminated to the teaching STEM tertiary education for the health professional study. "
- Dr. Florence TANG - Ph.D., RegVetSurg Lecturer School of Biomedical Sciences The Chinese University of Hong Kong
" The PALMS Project is brilliant that provides lots of resources and supports for teachers to develop and apply different platforms, such as mobile apps, to adopt active learning in and/or after class. For example, with the ChemEye app, every student seems to have a mini-portable laboratory hiding in their mobile phones. Colorimetric measurements can be performed whenever the need arises at any location, without any confines from the classroom and laboratory. "
- Dr. Gray HO - Ph.D. (The University of Hong Kong) Lecturer Department of Chemistry Hong Kong Baptist University Awards: President’s Award for Outstanding Performance in Early Career Teaching, 2018
YoTeach! Teacher Testimonials
" YoTeachapp offers many benefits, including: It’s free. It’s easy to set up. Others can quickly join with a QR code or link. It provides a drawing feature with an auto draw feature. It features upload functionality. It includes an admin feature with the ability to mute students, delete chats, and more. "
- Becca Munson - American Association of School Librarians (AASL)
" The option to have students draw on a whiteboard and insert those drawings into a chat is simply fantastic. In a math class you could have students show their work or highlight a portion of a problem on which they need help. You can also insert a drawing to aid an explanation. "
- David Bryne - Former Social Studies High School Teacher, Five time winner of the Edublogs Award for Best Resource Sharing Blog Owner of website Free Technology for Teachers which reaches a subscriber base of more than 60,000 educators.
" With careful planning in terms of lesson flow, YO Teach! can be an engaging way to get and give instant feedback, assign quick formative assessment tasks, and encourage collaboration and social interaction among students -- especially those who are more introverted. Because the site encourages learning through text and images, there are opportunities to reach more students, especially when you take advantage of peer-to-peer teaching; students can help each other to understand difficult concepts by replying to individual posts. "
- Common Sense Education - Common Sense Education provides educators and students with the resources they need to harness the power of technology for learning and life
Cell Game Teacher Testimonials
" The students are really enjoying the (cell) game and have said that they have found it very helpful for reviewing course material. I think it is a great way to get the students engaged with the course material while they also have some fun and interact with one another. "
- Dr. Tiffany Boulton - PhD, Instructor, Community Rehabilitation and Disability Studies, Department of Community Health Sciences, Cumming School of Medicine, University of Calgary